Take your NBA 2K23 game to the next level with this step-by-step guide on how to pull off contact dunks in NBA 2K23!
Do you hope to make history in NBA 2K23 by becoming a slam dunk champion? Is it your lifelong goal to dunk the ball with as much force as superstars like LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo? We'll go through the key strategies for contacting dunks in NBA 2K23 in this article and also discuss the significant thoughts on C build, the Pro Stick, and the Right Stick. If you follow these guidelines, you'll be able to knock everyone's socks off with your dunks.
NBA 2K23: What is a Contact Dunk?
A contact dunk is a dunk in which the player makes contact with the rim or backboard during their jump—dunking while getting hit is a common tactic for isolating the opponent and opening up space for a layup or other play-ending shot.
While there are a few other ways to do a contact dunk, the most typical technique involves a two-footed jump followed by both hands making contact with the basket. A contact dunk can also be performed by launching yourself off the ground on one foot and slamming your hand into the basket or backboard.
There are a lot of upsides to trying out a contact dunk. The first advantage is that the player has more room to maneuver away from the oncoming defender. Further, it cushions impact, which reduces the likelihood of injury to the participant. It enables the player to complete the move despite the opposition.
Those who can successfully execute contact dunks are frequently considered to be among the league's elite players. It takes not only a high level of physical prowess but also excellent reflexes, timing, coordination, and strength. Players like LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, and Giannis Antetokounmpo are among the best in the NBA 2K23 because they can dunk while making contact. There are some things you can do to get better at performing contact dunks:
· Perform plyometric workouts like box jumps and squat jumps to ensure you have initial explosive velocity.
· Second, perfect your dunking action by working on your coordination without a ball.
· Finally, it would be best if you worked on getting more robust by engaging in strength-training activities like squats, deadlifts, and pull-ups.
NBA 2K23: Getting Contact Dunks in NBA 2K23
For players to be able to do contact dunks in NBA 2K23, their myPlayer must have an overall rating of 80 or above. The greater the player's rating, the easier it is to get contact dunks with them. In order to regularly perform successful contact dunks in the game, it is necessary to take specific measures.
· Make sure the joystick you're using is the appropriate one. Press X/A while holding down the left joystick to initiate a drive at the hoop. Your myPlayer will perform a euro step and then attempt a layup or slam when you accomplish this. Holding down the left joystick while pressing X/A will cause your myPlayer to do a normal layup or slam.
· The second tip is to time your jumps perfectly. Jumping too early or too late will prevent you from making the contact dunk. It's essential to time myPlayer's jumps so that they are in the air when the defense is at the closest point.
· Third, you must press X/A with the proper force. When pressed too hard, myPlayer will perform a windmill dunk, which is impressive to look at but does not count as a contact slam. When you hit the button, your myPlayer will either dunk or make a layup, depending on how hard you press the button.
· Fourth, check your myPlayer's height to ensure they can perform the contact dunk. Gaining contact dunks is simpler the taller your myPlayer is.
NBA 2K23: The advantages of Contact Dunks
One of the most thrilling and well-liked moves in NBA 2K23 is dunking, which has a lot of advantages that make it a fan favorited. One of the reasons for this is because it is a very efficient method of getting an edge over other players. Like a layup or a jump shot, a slam is worth two points, although it's typically considerably simpler to make.
Demoralizing your competition by dunking on them is another helpful tactic. A slam dunk may change the tempo of the game and demoralize the opposition as no other play can.
The only thing that compares to making a slam dunk in front of a sold-out crowd is making the dunk itself. Every basketball player needs to feel that rush at least once in their career.
NBA 2K23: The Top Contact Dunking Players
When it comes to dunking the ball with contact, these are some of the best players in the league. These athletes can score in a variety of high-pressure situations while yet looking comfortable. Some of NBA 2K23's top dunkers are listed here.
LeBron James: He is one of the most influential players in the game and can finish through contact with ease.
Giannis Antetokounmpo: He is a very athletic athlete that can finish above the rim with ease.
Zion Williamson: He is a rookie, but he has already shown that he can finish through contact with ease.
NBA 2K23: Increase Your Contact Dunking Ability
There are a few things you can do to increase your contact dunking abilities.
· Verify that you are, in fact, controlling your character with the right controller stick. When it comes to dunking in NBA 2K23, the right Stick will be the most significant because it is used for dribbling and layups.
· Timing is also something you should work on. You have to perfectly time your jumps to catch the ball in the air. Learning to dunk like a pro may take some time and effort, but once you do, nothing will stand in your way.
· Get up and over the rim by using your forward momentum when you're running at the basket. If you are able to perfect these talents, you will be well on your way to being an outstanding dunker.
To summarize, dunking while taking damage is a fantastic technique to rack up points in NBA 2K23. They're helpful, convenient, and simple to obtain. Those who can jump high and have the strength to finish via contact are the best candidates for contact dunks. If you want to become a better contact dunk, you need to work on your jumping and strength.